The Veritans Club was established in 1927 in Paterson, New Jersey as a philanthropic organization dedicated to the needs of children. We developed the concept of providing and maintaining the first day camp in the area, Camp Veritans, for the children in North Jersey who needed to leave the city during the hot, steamy summers. The camp facility is located on 64 acres in Haledon, NJ on the grounds of the Hobart Estate, next to William Paterson University.
In addition, the camp facilities are made available to organizations and corporations for their events scheduled before or after the eight week camp season. We maintain a large heated pool, sports fields, hiking trails, 9-hole miniature golf course, event buildings, a large dining facility with kitchen as well as “bunk houses” throughout the camp.